移民指南

澳洲移民生活:免费证件翻译(双语)

【大纪元4月22日讯】澳洲政府为新移民和难民提供免费的证件翻译服务。有效期为入境之日起两年内,过期则需付费。

文件种类包括结婚证明、离婚证明、出生证明、死亡证明、学历、驾驶证、儿童免疫证明、工作经历、专业协会证书等。由成人移民英语课程办公处(简称AMEP)负责此项服务。所需手续不复杂。只要提供永久居民签证并把所需翻译文件原件和有太平绅士(JP)签字的复印件提供给他们即可。

澳洲太平绅士有权做复印件的加注以保证复印件和原件相符。大多数邮局和、银行和药店都会有太平绅士,而且JP 签字是免费的。

政府认可在文件上签字的人员还包括医生、牙医、银行经理、药剂师、高等法院的律师、警察。

英文对话

  A: Hello, Can I help you?

  你好!请问能帮你什么吗?

  B: Hi My name is Ling Li. I would like to have my document translated.

  我叫李玲,我想把一些文件译成中文。

  A: OK, may I have a look at your passport?

  行,我能看一下你的护照吗?

  B: Sure, here you go.

  没问题,请看。

  A: That’s fine. Which documents need to be translated?

  好了,请告诉我你需要翻译哪些文件?

  B: Can you please tell me what kind of documents can be translated?

  请告诉我都可以翻译哪些种文件?

  A: Well, you can translate your degree certificate, qualifications, marriage certificate, etc.

  你可以翻译你的学历、学位、结婚证、驾驶执照等。

  B: OK, how much do I have to pay for this?

  好,请问要付多少钱?

  A: It is free of charge. The government provides this service to new immigrants.

  这是政府为新移民提供的免费服务。

  B: Then I would like to have my degree certificate and my driver’s licence translated.

  那么我想把我的学位证书和驾驶证翻译一下。

  A: No problem. May I see the original documents?

  没问题,我可以看一下原件吗?

  B: OK, here it is.

  好的,在这儿呢。

  A: Sir, I am afraid we need you to get a copy certified by a JP.

  先生,我需要一份JP 签字的复印件。

  B: Sorry, I don’t understand. What do you mean a copy certified by a JP?

  对不起,我不懂,JP 签字是什么意思?

  A: JP stands for Justice of Peace. You can found a JP from most post offices or banks. Once you have them sign and date the photocopy, bring it back to this office. We will be able to help you.

  噢,JP 是太平绅士的意思。大多数邮局和银行都会有太平绅士,你需要 JP 在复印件上签字后再给我们。

  B: That is great! By the way, can you please tell me how long it will take?

  太好了!另外请问翻译需要多长时间?

  A: Normally it takes about two weeks.

  通常要两周时间。

  B: Do I have to come to the office to pick it up when it’s ready?

  那我还需要上这里来取件吗?

  A: No, it will be mailed to your mailing address.

  不用,会直接寄到你的通信地址的。

  B: Thank you for your help, I will come back later.

  谢谢你的帮助,我一会儿再回来。